INTERVIEW WITH WITCHBONES


 

Coming from Portland, Oregon, Witchbones is probably new to some but this one-man project (Yes! Again we love this kind of artist) mastered by Vardlokker had made his presence known after some solid releases coming from Death Kvlt Productions then. Now with the signing with Iron Bonehead Productions, we can only expect more coming from this fierce black/death metal beast in coming future. We love the dark essence Witchbones brings to the table, in his own words "ritualistic"; and we await to know more about Witchbones' music by sitting down with Vardlokker and have the pleasant talk.

TGW: 666 Bro! Can you give a short introduction about Witchbones and especially focus on your central mindset regarding this project?

Vardlokker: Witchbones is a ritualistic entity that only some can truly understand. It's my feelings towards the people of the earth and what we've become.

TGW: Witchbones is a relatively new band, what did you do before forming Witchbones? Were you in other bands or projects?

Vardlokker: I hadn't played an instrument or did anything with music for over 10 years. I was going to school for fashion design before I decided to go back into music.

TGW: Coming from Oregon, obviously there are/were notable bands starting with Agalloch, Thy Infernal, Velvet Cacoon ... Do you feel your music is influenced or inspired by these local bands?

Vardlokker: I'm not originally from Oregon. I'm from Long Beach CA. I actually haven't heard of any of those bands.

TGW: Does Witchbones play live? Do you have permanent session members?

Vardlokker: I do not. I am the only member and will never play live with Witchbones.

TGW: How do you see your co-op with Death Kvlt Productions? It's a beloved label and have put out couple excellent releases these years.

Vardlokker: Death Kvlt Productions has been very good to me. I will continue our relationship as long as he wants to put my stuff out. I am very appreciative.

TGW: Lyrically, what kind of themes you want to address in your music? Where do you often get the inspiration from?

Vardlokker: Death to all humanity. That is the goal.

TGW: We notice that semi-heavy sound effects you would like to use in some of your albums, why? Do you want to express something extra based on that or what scenario you try to get people into?

Vardlokker: It just adds to the atmosphere for me. I want to make music that is as dark as I can make it.

TGW: Tell us who's the artist/band you want to cooperate with most NOW (regardless genre or anything) and why?

Vardlokker: Celestial Grave. They're doing it right and I really appreciate their music. I hope to one day to work with them.


TGW: Aside from Witchbones, do you have any other current active projects you want to address?

Vardlokker: NEXWOMB, Sangre De La Luna, and Dionysian Rites. They all have had releases this year except Dionysian which is in 2020.

TGW:  Now with the signing with Iron Bonehead Productions, what's new do you expect to bring to the fans and what's your future plan?

Vardlokker: Nothing has changed too much. I've gained a few new fans and finally got released on vinyl which is all I care about. I appreciate being put out on a bigger label but it makes no difference to me. I'll make music regardless.

TGW:  How old are you and what do you see yourself in next ten years from now?

Vardlokker: 33. Just focusing on my kids and family. That's all that is real to me.

TGW: Thanks for spending the time with us in the interview. Grateful to have this opportunity today and we wish you nothing but success,  the last words are yours!

Vardlokker: Thank you, much appreciated. Hail the witch!


Comments

Popular Posts